Dr. Fareha N. Malik is a cognizant psychiatrist with an excellent principle in the practice of psychiatry; mindfulness
and conscientiousness are ingrained in Dr. Malik’s constitution. As a mother of two, Dr. Malik understands that
parents are the best advocate for their children, thus she works with parents cooperatively to establish optimal
treatment. Dr. Malik’s extensive background, warm demeanor and an attentive ear are a perfect fit for patients with
attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, anxiety and bipolar, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic, post
traumatic stress disorder, phobias, oppositional defiant disorder, childhood behavioral and psychiatric disorders.
She respects and recognizes the uniqueness of each patient therefore tailoring the treatment according to each
Dr. Fareha N. Malik completed her internship at the Harvard Medical School South Shore Psychiatry Program.
She then completed her residency in psychiatry at the University of Toledo Medical School, along with a fellowship
in child and adolescent psychiatry at the University of Toledo Medical School. Dr. Fareha N. Malik holds
double-board certification in child and adolescent psychiatry and in general psychiatry. She is one of the few
psychiatrists in the northern Illinois area who has specialized training in the field of child and adolescent psychiatry.
Dr. Fareha N. Malik opened doors at Advanced Psychiatry of Elgin in 2012 and has been in practice for over 16 years.
Dr. Malik provides compassionate care to patients in the northwest suburban Chicago areas; she is also effective
in treating her patients to make positive changes in their lives. Further, in addition to providing long-standing
empirically validated treatment, she is also trained and certified to provide new age treatments such as TMS.
– Chief Resident Award in Child Psychiatry- 2001, 2002
– Five Year Honoree Award – Patient’s Choice Award – 2016, 2017, 2018
– America’s Most Honored Professionals Award – 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
– Sharad T. Multani Award for Outstanding Clinical Care in Child Psychiatry – 2001, 2002
– Patient’s Choice Awards – 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
– Most Compassionate Physician Awards – 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
– Top 10 Doctor State Awards – 2014
– On Time Doctor Awards – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
– Best of Elgin Awards for Mental Health Service – 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
– The Leading Physicians of the World Award